Since I haven't done one of these posts in a while, I'll give you a little intro... I usually send out links to my friends a few times a week and I love these posts on other people's blogs so I thought I would just do it here instead! I'm gonna try to keep this in the same vein as my emails.
My links may be totally out of date or super over-linked, but that is of no consequence to me. They may also be nerdy/not funny/inappropriate - please don't hate me. If I link to something that makes noise like a video or annoying website, I'll let you know. No need to make people in your office think you're a weirdo.
* Working 40 hours a week from 8-5 seems utterly unproductive to me and this article talks about some of the other costs of the 40+ hr/wk corporate schedule. While I think this author slants a bit conspiratorial, he brings up a lot of issues and questions that I believe are important.
* I've recently been thinking a lot about the costs of being in a relationship (um, spending hours upon hours watching TV shows you only kind of like in the name of "spending time together?") but this is an eye-opening read about the actual monetary costs of being single.
* The older I get, the more I know that trusting my intuition and feelings pretty much always steers me in the right direction. This post about this topic is spot on: If It Doesn't Feel Right You Should Stop.
* And also along those lines, The Answers are Always Inside. My yoga teacher read this article to us last night and I just had to include it. I love the idea that when we ask for advice, it's not really advice we are asking for, it's support and kindness to our tough situation.
* I neeeeeed these Frye boots. They are beautiful, will last the rest of my life, and I neeeed them.
* This song may or may not have been on constant repeat on my playlist for the past month. I may be behind the times, but Va Va Voom by Nicki Minaj (video) is genius. Annnnd I just watched the video for the first time - wow, she's such a weirdo - love that dragon getup!!
* For the past month I've been doing a Crossfit intro course twice a week and I'm officially obsessed. In 4 weeks I've gained a ton of strength - yoga is so much easier now - and I've already made more friends than I've ever made at any other fitness activity. This is an interesting summary at HuffPo and this is a (kinda long) beginners guide to Crossfit.
* Have you watched the TV show Nashville? It's kinda tweeny, but I went to college in Nashville, and it's really cool seeing the city in this show. It's a lot better than I thought it would be, plus Connie Britton is amazing in it just like she is in everything. The whole first season is available online!! And I am slightly obsessed with these two songs: (both links are videos) Telescope and If I Didn't Know Better (C this one is for you!!).
* This video is an oldie but a goody - since I saw it back in 07, every time someone does something rude, I say it in my head in Bon Qui Qui's voice (video, obvs). Just a couple of days ago Alexander Wang released a new video featuring Bon Qui Qui (video) - oh man, too good.
* So I guess this is another throw back funny, but this website is amazing. Um, it's amazing, ALOT! It also has a really realistic and funny-ish post about depression which seems like an impossible thing to do. But yeah.
Quick note: I do cherrypick some of these links from other link roundups, just as an FYI, but they are things I've actually read and thought were worth sharing (fave link roundups at Life is a Canvas, Yes and Yes, and Gala Darling).
Also the images I plan on using won't be mine (usually) and they probably won't be properly cited - in the emails I send to my friends I don't worry with that stuff, so I'm not going to here either.
As I'm browsing the internets I collect the majority of these links over on Delicious in case you are too impatient for the weekly edition, although they won't have my witty commentary.