via Daily Dishonesty
* "You are older at this moment than you’ve ever been before, and it’s the youngest you’re ever going to get." This article is a really amazing look at life. It's sad though - so look out, it made me cry. But it also made me want to live the best life I can right now and that feeling is one of the best around.
* This is one of those things that I know to be so true - and I've consciously made a big effort in the past 6 months to reduce in my life: screen time, particularly that of my iPhone. I hate the "compulsion to check" that they mention - I've got it bad, and I want it to go away!!
"We couldn't stand in line somewhere for even five minutes without looking at our phones. Why were we doing this? And what were we doing in line for all those years before we were constantly consuming information all day long?"
* My friends and I chatted quite a lot about online dating and our thoughts on it. I think it makes things awkward and I'm an awkward person so for me it's just not good. I then read these articles about it and decided that I'm totally right: Love in the Age of Data (I mean seriously? Would you really want to craft yourself into a fake person portraying certain more "desirable" traits to catch a man? What happens when he discovers that isn't really you??) and Bacon Off the Floor Guy. Personally, I keep coming back to this: "If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love." Yes. I won't lie though, I kinda wanna try this one founded by E. Jean....
* This is a song that you will know quite well... but with a different spin (video).
* Ok, I think it's obvious I'm a crazy dog person, so videos like these just bring a gigantic smile to my face. I mean really, how can that not brighten your day?
* Do you like ombre hair? I currently have a little bit of ombre going on because my hair used to be colored and the bottom part is dyed a few shades lighter than my natural, but if you are interested in the look apparently you can now DIY! Very interesting...
* Have you seen any of Kandee Johnson's makeup tutorials (videos)? I totally love them - she can be mildly annoying, but these videos really inspire me to get out my makeup and play. Love that!
* I'm just about to start yoga teacher training and I'm so excited. I've been doing my required reading and lots has come up that has me thinking about Baron's 40 days. Maybe I'll participate next year? And a fruit cleanse.... hmmm.
* It's official - I'm obsessed with Crossfit. From new minimalist shoes (here's a guide on picking them), to learning about the paleo diet (not planning on trying it any time soon, if you were wondering, but PaleOMG is a pretty great blog anyway), I have been voraciously reading everything I can find about Crossfit. Always fun to find bloggers I like that also Crossfit :)
As always, more links over on my Delicious page.