1. Crossfit. I’m so hooked. And now I’m one of those annoying people who won’t shut up about Crossfit. Yeah. It’s unfortunate to me that I’m sooo obsessed with this during my Yoga Teacher Training when I should be obsessing about yoga, but what can ya do?
2. Graston Technique. I started PT on my knee that has been nagging me forever, and was getting worse with all the yoga and Crossfit I’m doing. Well, this somewhat painful treatment seems to be finally chipping away at the constant weirdness/crunchiness I’ve had in my knee for the past 5 years. Last night I let my PT Graston my rhomboids and boy, I’m dying - how dorky did that sound?
3. MWF Seeking BFF. I don’t know about you but I’m of the age where good girl friends seem to be few and far between and now it’s more important than ever to make an effort to foster my friendships. This book has been right up my alley and is a great motivator to help me try just a little harder to forge connections.
4. Chicken. After 3+ years as a vegetarian/pescetarian, I’m giving up the label. I’ll probably still mostly eat like I was before. I’ve been having a ton of stomach issues since I started Yoga Teacher Training and I changed my diet because of all the weight lifting I was doing (I was craving meat constantly) to include more protein in the form of eggs, greek yougurt, cottage cheese, etc. I’m not sure if it’s stress, or too much dairy, or too much activity, or something else altogether but chicken seems to agree with my stomach and cravings. I cooked an old fave recipe over the weekend and nothing has tasted better in a long time - strange cause I never really liked chicken that much before.
5. Fun patterned work tops. Like this leopard one from F21. I bought a bunch of them and they have refreshed my work wardrobe – just tuck into a pencil skirt with a cami under and it’s an easy fun but work appropriate outfit. This shirt got a ton of compliments.